Pre-construction – physical barriers
It is estimated that termites destroy more homes in Australia than all natural disasters combined. Even a building slab built to Australian Standards can sometimes crack, allowing termites to enter your home from beneath, undetected.
For total, proven subterranean termite protection, simply combine the appropriate HomeGuard Products and accessories
HomeGuard TMB (Termite and Moisture Barrier).
- Provides the builder with both a moisture barrier and a subterranean termite barrier in the one installation.
- Complies with The Building Code of Australia, Termite Management Part 1: New Building Work , AS 2870-1996 (slabs and footings), AS 3660.1-2000, CodeMark Certification CM 20003
- HomeGuard TMB is a high impact 200 micron polymer sheeting (4 metres*50metres) that is impregnated with BiFlex Termiticide.
- The versatility of HomeGuard TMB means that it can provide both whole of building subterranean termite protection through a full under slab installation and completion of the vapour barrier requirement to BCA.
- HomeGuard TMB can be used to provide economical subterranean termite proofing retaining walls and for step-downs in slab on ground design.
Manufactured from 300 micron, UV stabilized white polymer sheeting (0.3 metre * 50metres) containing HomeGuard Termiticide which provides perimeter subterranean protection. This material is not rated for damp-proof course.
- Complies with The Building Code of Australia, Termite Management Part 1: New Building Work, AS 3660.1-2000, CodeMark Certification CM 20003
- Predominately used as a perimeter/cavity barrier, it offers builders an economical alternative sheet barrier where a damp proof course is not required.
HomeGuard DPC (Damp Proof Course)
- A tough 500 micron UV Stabilised polymer sheeting (0.3 metre * 50 metres) containing BiFlex Termiticide that offers both perimeter subterranean termite protection and damp proofing in one installation.
- Complies with The Building Code of Australia, AS 2904-1995 (Approved damp course and Flashings), Termite Management Part 1: New Building Work, AS 3660.1-2000, CodeMark Certification CM 20003
- Innovative, pre-formed rigid collars, designed to prevent concealed termite entry via penetrations. They are manufactured from polyethylene, impregnated with BiFlex termiticide, which repels and kills termites on contact, preventing ingress via the sub soil.
- They are made to fit tightly over PVC pipes and other penetrations. They are designed to fully integrate within the concrete pour.
- Innovative, pre-formed single layer collars which are designed to prevent concealed termite entry via penetrations. They are manufactured from plastic that has been impregnated with BiFlex termiticide, which repels and kills termites on contact preventing ingress via the sub soil.
- HomeGuard FlexiCollars are flexible and can be adjusted to suit multiple size penetrations and are designed to fully integrate within the concrete pour.
- Manufactured from plastic containing BiFlex termiticide. It is supplied as easy to pour lightweight black polymer beads available in 27L bags.
- HomeGuard GT is a versatile product, which adds flexibility to the installation of the HomeGuard Precision Termite Management System. The product can be applied into the cavity as a full perimeter installation or it can be used situations where the installation of the sheet materials is not practical.
- HomeGuard GT makes an excellent choice for installation to situations where slab on ground areas require subterranean termite proofing after the initial pour (eg for when a service penetration requires relocation).